Martin Garde Abildgaard
+45 2020 0403
Martin Garde Abildgaard is a director from Copenhagen, Denmark.
His work includes commercials for BMW, Sony, Vans, Koenigsegg and Adidas. Many of his films have won awards and as well as being featured on SHOTS.
In Cannes 2015 Martin picked up an YDA-award for his art film “Hypoxia”.
Apart from directing film, Martin works as an artist and has had solo exhibitions in galleries in Paris, Stockholm and Copenhagen with his project America, which combines 16mm film, still photography, music and fashion.
Before working full time as a director, Martin worked as a creative director at various international TV production companies where he developed concepts focused on documentary and factual genres. One of his most well known and award winning concepts is Backtrack, in which ordinary people under hypnosis were taken to their former lives. The concept has been sold to be remake in seven countries.
In 2007 the Danish business newspaper Børsen put Martin on their Top 10 Gold List of most creative talents.
COMMERCIALS. AWARDS AND RECOGNITION.
- BAUM UND PFERDGARTEN: Official selection Milano Fashion Film Festival 2015.
- KOENIGSEGG: Shots contender 2015.
- KOENIGSEGG: Winner “Best film”. TopSpeed.com 2015.
- ARABC: Shots contender 2014.
- LAKRIDS: Shots contender 2014.
- ILLUMS BOLIGHUS: Finalist “Commercial Film of the Year”. True Awards 2014.
- ILLUMS BOLIGHUS: Shots contender 2014.
ART AND SHORTFILMS. AWARDS AND RECOGNITION.
- HYPOXIA: Winner “Art film”. YDA. Cannes 2015.
- HYPOXIA: Featured “Best of the internet” at Clique.tv 2015.
- HYPOXIA: Featured at Apar.tv, Dry-magazine.com and OnePointFour.com 2015.
- FRIDAY: Winner "Best Cinematography". Siliguri Filmfestival 2015.
- FRIDAY: Shortlisted “Best film”. Ekko 2015.
- FRIDAY: Featured at Novella Showcase 2015.
- AMERICA: Solo exhibition. Gallery Superette. Paris 2015.
- AMERICA: Featured at Novella Showcase 2015.
- OTHER WORLDS: Featured in i-D Magazine 2015.
- STOFLIGHED: Exhibited at Colette (Paris) and Firmament (Berlin) 2014.
- DETAILS: Exhibited at Danish Fashion Week 2014.
MUSIC VIDEOS. AWARDS AND RECOGNITION.
- MARIE FISKER: Finalist ”Best Director”. Nordic Music Video Awards 2015.
- MARIE FISKER: Finalist ”Music Video Of The Year”. Nordic Music Video Awards 2015.
- MARIE FISKER: Featured at SPOT Festival 2015.
- MARIE FISKER: Finalist ”Best Art Direction”. Nordic Music Video Awards 2015.
- MIKE SHERIDAN: Finalist ”Best Cinematography”. Nordic Music Video Awards 2015.
- KILL J: Finalist ”Best Postproduction”. Nordic Music Video Awards 2015.
- KILL J: Featured in Vice and Dazed & Confused Magazine 2015.
- TOMAS BARFOD: Finalist ”Best Cinematography”. Nordic Music Video Awards 2015.
- TOMAS BARFOD: Finalist “Music video of the year”. BIFF 2014.